Computer repair technicians perform various functions in ensuring that computer equipment work optimally.
In most industries, a computer repair technician’s job description entails the following tasks, duties, and responsibilities:
- Perform installation and configuration of peripherals, microcomputer workstations, LAN/WAN components, and printers
- Diagnose equipment failures and/or printer problems; perform required repairs; replace bad components in field if a suitable spare is available, or bring them back to shop for repair; reinstall repaired equipment; install loaner equipment
- Investigate LAN/WAN failures, carry out repair on equipment or completely replace it if necessary
- Carry out preventive maintenance tasks on microcomputer, all types of printers, and peripherals
- Keep correct record of asset management tracking, inventory control, work completed, and work in progress
- Keep documentation of parts inventory, order for parts, and supplies delivered
- Provide assistance to other company personnel as may be needed to enable them complete their assigned duties
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.